- Members at the 40th Annual General Meeting held on 24th March 2007 approved the establishment of the following Awards
- Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Law Hieng Ding Award for distinctive contribution to chemical education and/or public understanding of chemistry in Malaysia.
- Nomination for this Award will close on 15th July every year. Members who wish to make a nomination must submit the curriculum vitae and photograph of the candidate together with a supporting statement.
- Upon receiving the nomination(s), the Council shall establish a Panel of Assessors, no later than 31st August.
- The Panel of Assessors shall comprise the President and six eminent members of the Institute. The President shall be the chairperson of the Panel. The Panel shall convene a meeting with at least five assessors present.
- In the event that the President is unable to be the Chairperson of the Panel, the Vice President, or the Registrar, or a Council Member appointed by the Council, will act as the Chairperson.
- The Honorary Secretary of the Institute shall be the Secretary of the Panel but with no voting right.
- In the event that the Honorary Secretary is a nominee, or a proposer or seconder of nomination, then the Honorary Assistant Secretary shall be the Secretary of the Panel.
- Nominees and persons who propose and second nominations cannot be appointed as assessors.
- The Panel shall assess the nominees and make specific clear-cut recommendations to the Council for the award of the Awards no later than 30 September.
- The decision of the Panel shall be by simple majority. In the event that there is a tie, the Chairperson shall have an additional casting vote.
- If, in the opinion of the Panel, there is no suitable candidate for the Award, no award shall be made that year.
- The Council, upon receiving recommendations from the Panel of Assessors, shall endorse or reject these recommendations.
- Rejection of recommendation shall be by two-third majority of Council members present at the Council Meeting.
- There shall not be shared award in either of the Awards.
- No person shall receive the award more than once.
- The decision of the Council shall be final.
- The Award shall be presented to the recipients at the annual Malam Kimia or at any other function decided by the Council.
- The Institute shall not pay for the expenses incurred by the recipients in attending the function to receive the Award.
These Rules of the Awards can be amended at a Council Meeting.
DOWNLOAD THE ATTACHMENT
- Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Law Hieng Ding Award Recipient
- Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Law Hieng Ding Award Nomination Form
The completed nomination form should be sent to the following address or by email to email@example.com :