The Institute is a Founding Member of the Federation of Asian Chemical Societies (FACS) and takes an active part in FACS activities. The Institute hosted the 12th Asian Chemical Congress (12ACC) and the FACS 14 General Assembly (14GA) in Kuala Lumpur in August 2007.
IKM is also a member of the Pacific Polymer Federation (PPF) and the Federation of Asian Polymer Societies (FAPS) and takes an active part in these two federations.
The Institute is also a member of the Asian Chemical Editorial Society (ACES) which publishes Chemistry - An Asian Journal (CAJ) under Wiley-VCH since June 2006. CAJ is accorded with an impact factor of 4.197 for its 2008 publications.
IKM also works closely with the Royal Society Chemistry (RSC) and its Malaysian Chapter. The Institute also collaborates with the US State Department (USSD) on its Chemical Security Programme (CSP) with a number of SCP Workshops being organised in several places in Malaysia.
The Institute has collaborate with the NAtional University of Singapore (NUS) in organising the 13th International Symposium on Advances in Extraction Technologies (ExTech 2011) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from September 27-29, 2011.
INTERNATIONAL UNION OF PURE AND APPLIED CHEMISTRY (IUPAC)
The Institute became a National Adhering Organisation (NAO) of the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) in 2009. Datuk Dr Soon Ting Kueh, is a Titular Member of CHEMRAWN Committee and a National Representative of the Committee on Chemistry Education (CCE). IKM is also represented in various Divisions of IUPAC.
IKM takes an active part in a number of IUPAC activities such as the IUPAC International Yerar of Chemistry (IYC). The Institute has organized the 18thIUPAC Conference on Chemical Research Applied to World Needs (CHEMRAWN XVII) with the theme on "Bioenergy" in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from September 27-29, 2011.THE INSTITUTE ALSO REGULARLY HOLDS REGIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL MEETINGS
Among the major regional and international chemical conferences organized by the Institute are the following:
• Asian Network on Analytical and Inorganic Chemistry (ANAIC) International Conferences (1989 &1993)
• 2nd International Symposium on Technician Education (1991)
• 5th Asian Chemical Congress (1993)
• 4th Eurasia Chemical Conference (1994)
• 12th Asian Chemical Congress (12ACC) 2007
• 10th Asian Conference on Analytical Sciences (ASIANALYSIS X) 2009
• 19th IUPAC International Conference on Chemical Research Applied to World Needs (CHEMRAWN XIX) 2011
• 13th International Symposium on Advances in Extraction Technology (ExTech) 2011
• International Symposium on Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) 2011
• Cambodian Malaysian Chemical Conference (CMCC) 2012, Siem Reap, Cambodia
• International Conference on Water & Wastewater Management (ICWWM) 2013
• 6th Biennial Regional Symposium on Total Laboratory Management - Quality, Safety, Environment and Laboratory Informatics (6QSEL) 2013
• 18th Malaysian International Chemical Congress (18MICC) 2014
• Vietnam Malaysia Chemical Conference (VMICC) 2014